SPFAS IS OPERATING UNDER THE PROVINCIAL RESTRICTIONS EXEMPTION PROGRAM (REP)
PROOF OF VACCINATION, NEGATIVE TEST, OR MEDICAL EXEMPTION IS REQUIRED UPON ENTERING SPFAS
- Everyone is required to wear a mask throughout the facility except when actively engaged in a physical activity (coaches on the bench need to be masked); or when seated at a table in the concession or lounge.
- There is limited capacity in the dressing rooms for all youth groups (7 participants and one standing coach); it is recommended participants come dressed and ready to play. Masks are required by everyone in dressing rooms.
Youth Participants aged 17 years and younger do not need to provide proof of vaccination, a negative COVID-19 test, or a medical exemption. This is for participants only. Youth participants not providing proof must vacate the facility immediately upon finishing.
All other entrants 12+ years of age (including coaches, volunteers, support personnel, etc.) are required to provide one of the following with photo identification (for adults 18+):
1) Proof of vaccination:
- QR Codes are the only valid proof of double vaccination;
- Other accepted forms of proof are other provincial vaccine records, First Nations, or military vaccine records.
2) Proof of negative COVID-19 test:
- Test result must be within 72 hours prior to the activity;
- Valid test results should be a written or printed copy that clearly outlines the type of test, time of sample collection, clear indication of a negative result, and the laboratory that completed the test, if applicable;
- Photos of a rapid test result taken offsite is not sufficient;
- A self-test completed offsite, or self-produced documentation of a negative test result, is not valid;
- Test must not be from Alberta Health Services public COVID-19 testing system;
- Do not bring completed self-tests to SPFAS due to communicable disease risk.
3) Documentation of a medical exemption:
A valid medical exemption is the original signed letter from a physician or nurse practitioner that includes person's name that matches their identification and physician's or nurse practitioner's complete information, including:
- Name, phone number, contact information, professional registration number and signature;
- Statement that there is a medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19;
- Duration that the exemption is valid.
- While operating under the REP there are no capacity limits on spectators, however, all spectators 12 years and older are required to show one of the three proofs above. Please note that the Red Dutton Arena bleachers are currently under construction and there is very limited viewing for this Arena.
Concession & Lounge:
- All persons 12 years and older are required to provide proof of vaccination, a negative test, or a medical exemption as listed above, accompanied with photo ID (for adults 18+) to use the concession & lounge; curb side service will be provided .
- Can continue without any restrictions
Thank you for your cooperation in getting us through these current provincial restrictions!